The Industry-meets-science workshop series is an initiative of the Waste RDI Roadmap, intended to –
- Highlight the problems industry/business face with respect to a particular waste stream, to ensure that RDI is directed to addressing key issues
- Showcase to industry current RDI initiatives by South African Universities and Science Councils
- Identify priority waste issues that require future directed RDI
The outcomes of these workshops are –
- An opportunity for industry to build networks with specialists from the research community and obtain insights on current research that may be of relevance to their organisation
- To outline research priorities to inform future activities under the Waste RDI Roadmap.
To date, Industry-meets-science workshops have been held on the following waste streams –